Jeffrey F. Dasenbrock
Attorney Jeff Dasenbrock grew up in Lawrence, Kansas, where his family still resides. After graduating from the University of Kansas with a B.A. in honors history, Jeff attended law school at the University of Houston Law Center. He remained in Texas to practice law for over three years before moving back to his home state of Kansas in 2009.
Jeff has a broad depth of legal experience in both civil and criminal law. Jeff began working as an attorney for Legal Aid of Northwest Texas in 2006, where he assisted clients in multiple areas of law, including but not limited to family law, civil litigation, estate planning (trusts, wills), employment law, consumer rights, unemployment/workers' compensation, SSD/SSI, landlord/tenant, worker's compensation, and more.
In 2008 Jeff began working as an Assistant Criminal District Attorney for the Wichita County District Attorney's Office, where he spearheaded the Gang Injunction Unit and helped run the Drug Enforcement Division. Jeff was also the City Prosecutor for Saint Joseph, Missouri, where he prosecuted criminal misdemeanors, traffic offenses and ordinance violations.
In 2010, Jeff joined Nicholson Law Office, LC, an established law firm founded by attorney Robert ("Bob") Nicholson, who had practiced law in Paola, Kansas for 40 years. In 2012, Jeff was promoted to Partner and the firm's name changed to Nicholson, Dasenbrock & Hartley, LC. During his tenure as Managing Partner at Nicholson, Dasenbrock & Hartley, LC, Jeff was in charge of handling family law, criminal defense, civil litigation, and auto accident injury cases. During this time, Jeff built lasting relationships and created a reputation in the legal community and among his clients for his hard work, honesty, trust, communication, and passionate advocacy.
In 2021, Jeff decided to start his own law firm, Dasenbrock Law, LLC, where he maintains the same qualities and characteristics which have made him one of the most respected attorneys in the legal community. At Dasenbrock Law, LLC, all clients are treated with dignity and respect. Jeff is honest and forthright with his clients, always making sure to tell them what they need to hear instead of what they want to hear. Jeff prides himself in being a trusted advocate with the integrity to always do what is in the best interest of the client.
Throughout the course of his career as an attorney, Jeff has personally tried multiple cases to verdict and therefore navigates the courtroom with ease. Jeff is currently licensed to practice law in two states: Kansas and Missouri. He is passionate about serving the needs of his clients and committed to supporting them every step of the way in their cases. Jeff sees every client as a human being, and not just a number. He has achieved outstanding results for his clients and will continue to do so in the future.
- Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Misdemeanor & Felony charges
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Drug Possession
- Driving While Suspended (DWS)
- Driving Without Insurance
- Auto Accident Injury Cases
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Healthcare Directives
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctorate(J.D) - 2005
- University of Kansas
- Bachelor of Arts(B.A.) - 2002
- Major: History
- Kansas, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2010
- Missouri, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2007
- Texas, 2006
- Managing Partner, Nicholson, Dasenbrock & Hartley, LC (2012-2021)
- Attorney, Nicholson Law Office, LC (2010-2012)
- City Prosecutor: City of Saint Joseph, Missouri (2009-2010)
- Assistant Criminal District Attorney: Wichita County District Attorney’s Office (2008-2009)
- Staff Attorney: Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas (2006-2008)
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Miami County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Kansas Top 10 Attorney Award for 2022 - National Academy of Family Law Attorneys